There are many perks to selling your home in the winter. Serious buyers come out this time of year and there is usually a low supply of homes on the market – so historically homes tend to sell faster and at the best price! Here are some other reasons why it’s a good time to consider listing now:
- Sell now, buy later with no home contingency – think of it as making you the “best buyer” as soon as the spring market opens up.
- Downtime to search for homes – while holidays are a busy time of year, this year, it is providing buyers with some time off – perfect to search for a new home both virtually and in person.
- New Year, New Beginnings – many people look for new jobs and relocations happen at the beginning of the year. This pool of buyers usually need a home quick!
- Baby Boom – yes, you heard it here – there is a Baby Boom coming and with it means more buyers looking for larger homes.
- And as we have seen throughout the year, buyers are still coming from urban areas seeking more space.
- Financial benefits – there are tax benefits to selling before year end and those who are getting bonuses may find they have more buying power.
So, if you are ready, here are some tips to sell in the Winter:
- Declutter before and after you decorate for the holidays. It’s a great time to put all those home delivery boxes to good use! Get everyone involved in boxing up their stuff, donating what you don’t need or selling some items, too!
- Yes, decorate for the holidays, just keep it simple.
- Make your home comfy, cozy and inviting with some pillows and throws.
- Create a sweet scent, but not overpowering, like baked goods, cinnamon and vanilla. Mulling cider is comforting and simmering lemon water adds a crisp and clean smell.
- Brighten up your home with lights inside and out.
- Keep your driveway and walkway clear of ice and snow for easy showings.
- Highlight your home’s cold weather features like a newer roof, extra insulation, newer windows and doors, heated gutters or driveways, newer HVAC, etc.
- Professional photographs and home staging do make a big difference when properly presenting your home.
The Michele Klug Team of Keller Williams Towne Square Realty is the #1 Real Estate Team in Somerset County, NJ, with more than $110 million in transactions in 2020. If you need any further information or would like a free market analysis of your home, contact The Michele Klug Team at 908-672-2055 or firstname.lastname@example.org today! Visit www.micheleklug.com.