Wondering whether Fall is the right time to list your home? With school underway and the Holidays right around the corner, it can be a tough decision. However, we feel the Fall is one of the best times to list. Here’s why and some advice.
- Historically, there are a fewer number of homes on the market for sale in the Fall than Spring and Summer. This means less competition for your home!
- More serious buyers come out in the Fall. There are many reasons, but usually those who are searching in the Fall are ready to buy. What’s more, they usually want to close quickly. Many want to be in their new home for the Holidays.
- The weather transitions this time of year from still summery to chilly. This can create a wonderful natural display to enhance the beauty of your home. So we suggest taking professional photography of your home’s exterior when the brilliant fall foliage is in full bloom.
- As the weather does turn cooler, your home will naturally become warm and cozy inside. To add to the ambiance, light the gas fireplace, add extra pillows and even a nice throw.
- Questions we always get especially in the Fall – should I use candles or bake cookies to create a homey scent? It’s a nice touch, but be sure it’s not overpowering which can discourage prospective buyers.
- With cooler weather also comes less daylight. Clean windows and open blinds to let in as much natural light as possible. You may want to even consider additional lighting in darker areas of your home.
- Declutter as much as you possible. You want to create an environment where the prospective buyers can envision their belongings and living in your home.
- Market for the season by playing up your home’s Fall features – especially entertaining for the Holidays. Tasteful decorations can add to your home’s appeal.
- Highly suggest you hire a professional REALTOR who can work with you to create the perfect plan to market and sell your home in the Fall.
So, if you are considering selling or just want to chat about your options, don’t hesitate to contact us at The Michele Klug Team at 908-800-4269 today!